I have read the background on Webmentions and am now ready to move on to figuring out how to make a custom block pattern. There is the easy way, use a plugin, and the other way, setup a page as you want, copy the HTML to escape the HTML and other steps that seem a little complicated. Or I could go straight to the WordPress site and create the block pattern there. That is what I will be figuring out next. The plan is below.
Day 17 of 100 #100DaysofIndieWeb, #IndieWeb, #ProjectJournal, #ProjectManagement #WordPress
- Learn About Webmentions a Little More Deeply (COMPLETE)
- Successfully Use the IndeWeb and Webmentions Plugin to Send Webmentions (COMPLETE)
- Create A Model Post for RSVPs (IN PROGRESS)
- The Post Can Use some HTML, but I don’t want that to be the primary content.
- Learn How to Make a Custom Block Pattern
- Ideally from Scratch But if Not, I will use a plugin if this takes to long.
- Test the RSVP
- Test Again
- Get Advice from the IndieWeb Community on Naming, Sharing, etc.
- Share in the WordPress Pattern Library.
- If this is successful, I will create one to reply to a website post.
There will be more but they will require additional plugins. I will also need to update my original IndieWeb plan.