I have been working on ways to use the native WordPress block with classes to produce content that has the appropriate microformat classes. I was successfully in submitting an RSVP with one exception, the image does not seem to want to work properly. I am still becoming conversant in the language of microformats and still learning about them.
I looked at a lot of examples to see what the correct HTML content would be for an RSVP.
I tested the basic format from the IndieWeb.org site using a custom html block and my information.
- Event URL: https://events.indieweb.org/2022/12/homebrew-website-club-pacific-q7QX1qhEt07U
- My URL
- My photo URL
The RSVP appeared on the event with the photo.
I then setup group blocks and individual blocks for each of the components. This took a little tinkering.
View of Post
IndieWebify.me Validator Confirming the Classes Are Correct
The RSVP appeared but my photo does not appear. I am not sure why and will have to continue to troubleshoot this. Not that I want my photo all over the place, I just want to fix it.
- I still need to learn the proper structure of the micro formats and need to learn proper nesting of tags.
- I need to make research how I can get the words RSVP Yes To on one line. I saw span tags used in some examples, but don’t have native span blocks in WordPress. I can probably use a row block, but didn’t really like the way that looked.
- I believe the Webmentions plug-in is providing the foundation for this function and as soon as I confirm that I will update this post.
- I like having the ability to RSVP on my website website for websites that support this functionality.