Here is my plan for testing the IndieWeb plugins.
Day 31 of #100DaysofIndieWeb, #IndieWeb, #ProjectJournal
Testing and Offering Suggestions on the IndieWeb Plugins. One of the plugin authors said that he wished he had a volunteer to help test the plugins. I volunteered. I had to think about how to do this and the steps are below.
The scope includes all plugins on the IndieWeb plugin plugins page that don’t require a classic theme.
- A block theme and not a classic theme will be used.
- Some plugins won’t be tested because of the use of a block theme.
- List the Plugins. (Name, descriptions, WordPress.org link, IndieWeb.org link, and GitHub link)
- Pull the descriptions from the IndieWeb plugin interface.
- Pull the descriptions from the plugin page on WordPress.org.
- Pull the description from IndieWeb.org.
- List the features based on the WordPress.org description.
- View the plugins settings page to try to identify the feature through the settings.
- Test the plugin by performing an action related to the features list and record the results.
- Record the test results.
- Record my suggestions.
- Put it in a blog post.
- Post negative results on the plugin’s GitHub page, if I see an error.
- Let David S. know in the IndieWeb WordPress Slack channel.