MA, PMP, CSM, ITIL4
Change Agent | Program and Project Manager
Inquisitive Person, Strategic Thinker, Director, Manager, Program/Project Manager, Instructional Designer, Learning Technology Implementer, Mentor, Photographer of Pretty Things, Traveler, Optimistic Person, Lifelong Learner, and Cheerleader of People.
Thelma Michelle Moore, MA, PMP, CSM, has over 30 years of combined teaching, training, technology, project/program management, management, and leadership experience.
In her 10 years with TwentyEighty Strategy Execution (StratEx), Michelle had several curriculum development positions including: instructional designer, curriculum manager, learning solutions consultant, manager of content strategy, manager of blended and online learning, and director of learning technology. In 2010, Michelle earned the ESI International President’s Award for her project management of a major learning content management system implementation.
Michelle has served as the Director of Technology, VP of Operations, VP of Finance, and President of the Metro DC ATD Chapter.
Michelle has also taught in the Anne Arundel Public School System, worked for IBM, and has volunteered for multiple organizations throughout her career.
Michelle has a Master of Arts in Instructional Systems Development from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County and a Master’s Certificate in Project Management from the George Washington University. She also has a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from Johns Hopkins University.
Michelle uses her experiences to help organizations reach their vision, mission, and goals using expertise in instructional design, learning technologies, project and program management, and technology implementations.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/tmichellemoore
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/tmichellemoore
ISO 9001, Quality Management Systems, Project Management, Program Management, Design Thinking, Business Model Canvas, Instructional Design
- M.A. in Instructional Systems Development, 2007, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, 1986, Johns Hopkins University
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI
- Exemplar Global Auditor – ISO 9001:2015
- ITIL Foundations 4, ITIL
- Certified Scrum Master Certified (CSM), Scrum Alliance
- IBM Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner, IBM
- Squarespace Circle Member
Definitive Logic, Arlington, VA, 2023 – Present
Senior Program Manager (2023 – Present)
Project Manager for a PPBE OneStream XF Project.
eMentum, Leesburg, VA, 2018 – 2022
Director (2022 – 2022)
12/2018-12/2022 OneStream XF Project Support
Senior Manager (2018 – 2021)
Program Manager for the Department of Treasury, The Bureau of Fiscal Service’s OneStream XF Project.
- Hear a Description of This Project Here
TwentyEighty Strategy Execution Formerly ESI International, Arlington, VA, 2008-2018
Director – Learning Technology (2016 – 2018)
Directed Product Development Division’s technical learning portfolio and represented its learning technology externally and internally to identify delivery methods that met the needs of global clients. Monitor learning trends and emerging technologies to provide strategy, development prioritization, and vendor recommendations to executive stakeholders to support online and blended offerings. Member of the enterprise portfolio management committee.
- Developed a digital transformation strategy for learning technology that saved $200K of recurring costs and investments to support analytics, integrated technology, and investigation of emerging technologies.
- Gained executive sponsor buy-in by pitching for a modern learning platform implementation and course development resulting in $150K business case approval.
- Planned and re-developed the Managing Projects video course on the Elucidat eLearning authoring tool platform, hosted on Moodle.
- Planned and implemented the Fuse platform pilot resulting in 84 short videos, 70:20:10 blended learning course, 144 participants, and 5/7 rating on first iteration.
- Planned and managed the PM360 Assessment implementation on the Data Solutions platform.
Manager – Content Strategy (2010 – 2016)
Managed the technical learning portfolio (Learning management system, learning content management system, digital rights management, authoring tools, and content management system). Built and maintained strong working relationships with global internal stakeholders and global vendors. Contributed to the strategic direction of the company by providing advice to senior leadership on learning technology, project scope, and vendor selection for learning offerings and platforms
- Major contributor to the IPS Learning and ESI International post-merger planning and implementation.
- Analyzed IPS Learning and Stanford University Center for Professional Development courses to contribute to the business’s decision to acquire IPS Learning.
- Supported introduction of Agile in the organization by learning Agile, Scrum, Jira, and the product owner role resulting in increased collaboration between the IT team and the business.
- Authored Training Journal Article, “vILT: Why it fails” with Renu Sharma.
- Planned and directed the development of 14 SCORM/AICC eLearning courses.
- Planned and managed the iContent (Plateau/SuccessFactors/SAP) Learning Management System service, resulting in blended and eLearning capabilities used by 3000 students.
- Planned and managed the BenchPrep platform pilot resulting in 87% participant approval.
- Learned the Bloomfire platform and acted as technology SME for the Skillsharks project.
Learning Solutions Consultant (2009 – 2010)
Supported a team of curriculum managers and business development managers to integrate technology into the design and development of blended learning solutions for Strategy Execution’s clientele.
- Recovered failing project, planned and managed implementation of the Xyleme Learning Content Management System which houses over 2,500 hours of instructor led and eLearning content.
- Recognized for significant leadership and project management skills, earning the 2011 ESI International President’s Award.
Curriculum Manager (2008 – 2009)
Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD, 1998-2008
Teacher and Department Chair, Center of Applied Technology South (2000 – 2008)
- Developed and delivered engaging curriculum, lesson plans, and exams for Network Applications, CompTIA A+ Computer Repair, CompTIA Network+, and Network Administration-based Network Applications courses
- Guided and mentored teachers, ensuring high quality teaching and coordinated curriculum development
- Received Penn College of Technology Award
- Honored as a 2008 STEM Teacher
Senior Instructional Technology Support Technician, Anne Arundel County Public Schools (1998-2000)
Instructional Technology Support Technician
- Provided training and support to teachers as they used technology in the classroom.
IBM, Rockville, MD (1988-1992)
Customer Engineer (1988-1992)
Awards and Honors
Publications and Papers
- 2008. Moore, Thelma. “Career and Technical Student Organization Lead Advisor Training.” Maryland State Department of Education CTSO Conference, Timonium, MD.
- 2007. Moore, Thelma. “Social Computing in the Enterprise.” MICCA Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- 2007. Moore, Thelma. “SkillsUSA Program of Work.” SkillsUSA Maryland Annual Conference, Ocean City, MD.
- 2002. Moore, Thelma. “Introduction to Networking,” MICCA Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- ATD TK10 2010
- ATD ICE 2009, DC
- ATD ICE, Denver, CO
- ATD ICE, Orlando, FL
- Metro DC ATD President-Past, 2012
- Metro DC ATD President, 2011
- Metro DC ATD President-Elect, 2010
- Metro DC ATD VP of Finance, 2009
- Metro DC ATD Director of Technology, 2008