Over the last few months I have been involved in many volunteer projects. I completed my Master’s Degree in December and my students are out for the summer. Below you will find a few of the things I have been involved in.
- I completed the ISD Master’s Degree Program at the University of Maryland Baltimore County.
- I was the co-chair for Computer Mania Day and also a Registration Volunteer.
- I have worked with the Showell Foundation to update the template they purchased from Template Monster and add the content.
- I am creating a podcast series for my Metro DC ASTD Chapter. I am the Director of Technology on their Board of Directors.
- I just interviewed the CEO of the Ripken Leadership Center for the podcast. It will be published next week.
- I have started a wiki for my Metro DC ASTD Chapter. It will take some time to obtain contributors.
- I have been managing the field trip that our students, parents, and teachers will be taking to the SkillsUSA National Leadership and Skills Conference. I am also on the Board of Directors of SkillsUSA Maryland.
- I won a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Teacher Fellow Award by being nominated by one of my students.
- I am currently closing out my classroom at my school The Center of Applied Technology South.
- I am preparing for a presentation on Social Computing to the Coordinators of Volunteers of Anne Arundel County (COVAAC). I am setting up a wiki and blog for their use after the presentation.
Over the summer I will focus on this blog more than I have over the last few months. I will also add posts that are in my notes so they will be backdated.