Source: intrepidls.com Presentation
What functions does social learning support well?
- How does SL support efficient consumption?
- Use feedback such as visits, ratings, comments, and reviews to help learners identify and find the most useful learning content.
- Which SL tools support consumption?
- Views, Votes, Polls, Ratings, Tags, Comments, Group “games” MMORGs/simulations/scenarios
- Some LMS’s have these tools
Collaboration and Co-Creation
- Crowd sourcing
- How does SL support collaboration?
- Use the wisdom of the crowd to gather dispersed expertise or use “read/write” web to support collaboration.
- Which SL tools support creation and/or collaboration
- User-generated content (binary uploads)
- Discussion boards
- Wikis (and collaborative documents)
- Social connect, getting people together with a question and an answer
- How does SL support Connections?
- Connect peers and experts to form groups for sharing and collaboration.
- Which SL tools support connections?
- Personal profiles
Leave a Reply